Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Parable of Jack-Off Videos, an E-mail, and a Blog Post

I was talking with someone over the phone when he told me to check a particular blog post. Embedded were three videos of a guy, how shall I say it delicately, touching himself in pleasure. Well, it's nothing new, I said to the person. Except for the first one, I've already seen the others in another site.

Then I read through the whole post.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Face pic

Face pic

....

Wait.

OMG!

Did I just see face pics?!

-----

The killer part is, neither the videos nor the pictures were the blogger's to begin with. He chronicled in his post how he stalked the owner using the e-mail posted in the website (don't bother - the owner has since taken down the e-mail). No thanks to Google, it was easy searching for the Twitter account of the owner; hence, the face pics plastered all over the post.

-----

People might say the owner of the video was asking for it. Posting videos of the sordid type makes for fair game; how much more if you include the e-mail address for the whole wide world to see? But that's not the point. The point is, where's the sense of being proper here? It's one thing to stalk, it's another thing to post pictures of another person without consent. Even if the blogger erased some details in the photos, I still strongly feel it's a serious foul - no ifs, no buts.

Lordy, does the word "propriety" even mean anything nowadays?

-----

I'm not one to preach from a high and mighty place. If you ask me if it's fun to stalk, chances are, I'd say "Hell, yeah!" A lot of bloggers are smarter than what they're credited for. Believe you me, when they dig, they can really dig. Putting two and two together is a breeze for them. They can even add it up faster than saying "Top ka ba o bottom?" For better or for worse, Google is sometimes too strong a temptation to resist. But I still draw a firm line at some point. Sharing to the arena the personal details of other people, pictures included, is definitely a no-no in my book.

-----

The owner of the video may have been a tad unwise in posting his personal details in that website. However, is being "outed" in another person's blog post worth the act of indiscretion?

I don't think so.

Sure, fun is fun.

But it comes to a full stop once it's done at the expense of another human being.

-----

Mr. Blogger naman, kahit si Owner mismo e nag-react na sa Twitter. Hindi pa ba sapat yun para ibaba mo yung post mo?

24 comments:

  1. aw. this is really offensive sa part ng nagamit ah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One form of libel. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atty: i'd be a hypocrite if i'd say i didn't enjoy the videos, but...

      Delete
  3. ang init!!!

    may macomment lang heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i think alam ko yang sinasabi mo! kakapanood ko lang kagabi sa website na yun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwahahahahaha! in fairness, nakaka-elya belya yung vid :P

      Delete
  5. Sa balolake ba ito o sa pinoywatching? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award.

    Check out my post here: http://xiangarvida.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know this post. Oh well, we need to protect our identities more...But in the instance that we discover another's, it's just right to protect his as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe it's just me. if i'm going to reveal my identity, please don't deprive me the chance of doing so myself ;)

      thanks for the follow and comment.

      don't be a stranger! :D

      Delete
  8. thebloggerformerlyknownassolteroMay 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

    OmG! are those my videos? Ching!

    Hahahaaha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. in fairness, the blogger eventually pulled down the post and apologized ;)

      Delete
  10. it's just not right.

    well, it's a good thing he removed the post and apologized. I just hope he doesn't do it again in the future.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i suppose he won't anymore ;)

      thanks for passing by and leaving a comment.

      don't be a stranger!

      Delete