Monday, March 28, 2022

Fin, Otherwise Known As The End

"Pota, mas lalo ka pang gumwapo ngayon," I whispered to him while we were hugging each other tightly. He looked at me with his tear-streaked eyes, smiled faintly, and whispered back, "Gago, bolero ka pa rin hanggang ngayon."

At that moment, I knew we were ok. No, more than ok. After all this time, we were finally alright - something which I felt that we weren't for a long time running.

----

Everything has its season, everything has its time, so goes the song. Long past that space of hurt and bitterness, I can say that this was the perfect moment to pen the concluding chapter of Him and Ternie. No, it was not a fairytale book of romance. That’s farthest from the truth. The truth is that it was a story about two people who fell in love, journeyed along the winding circuitous road, and found that their trails already diverged long before they even acknowledged it.

Now, they find themselves crossing paths once more, but this time in a place of gratefulness, and most importantly, forgiveness.

----

Thank you, Him. For those six-plus years we were together, you made uncover facets of myself I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Yes, your apologies are more than accepted. I forgive you and hope that you forgive yourself, too. In turn, I ask your forgiveness for the things I should’ve and could’ve done better. How does the saying go? Ah, hindsight is 20/20. Looking back, there were plenty of opportunities where a better version of me should’ve and could’ve been there for you. For those missed moments, I want to say “I’m sorry” once again.

----

Like I told you, I loved you, with all my damned heart and soul. And a part of me will never stop loving, still with my damned heart and soul.

May you find peace, happiness, and contentment in life. Because that’s all I ever wanted for you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment