Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Around the World in 80 Days, Proverbially Speaking 1 (A Re-post)

The best part of what I used to do was that I got to travel around Asia, Europe, and North America singing my ass off. At that time, I'd take it for granted to pack my luggage for months at end. Sure, it was exhausting and grueling to be constantly on the road. But looking back, I was definitely lucky enough to have been be able to go around and see really, really cool stuff.


Here are some of my pics:



freezing our butts off in Seoul, South Korea

For some weird reason, we'd always end up in South Korea during winter time. In the pic above, we just had lunch at a restaurant. Korean bbq stuffed with rice and wrapped in a lettuce leaf is love, but their noodles are way too spicy. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of spicy foods at all.

In one of the trips, we went around South Korea for about three weeks. One thing that consistently impressed me are their auditoriums. Even in the most far-flung towns we went to, there'd always be a fabulous theater with great acoustics. Yes folks, apparently cultural presentations are a big thing in South Korea.



doing the clothed Oblation in the Red Square in Moscow, Russia


the obligatory group shot in front of St. Basil's Cathedral.
Also in Moscow, Russia.

Ah, Russia. One of the dream countries I've always wanted to go to. It was end of spring when we went there, but the temperature was still almost freezing. I think 11 of us shared a sparse apartment with NO hot water running. Never, under any circumstance, take a shower in Russian springtime with hot water. I tried braving it for the first time like a man and ended up screaming like, ermmm, a faggot hahahahahaha

The subway stations in Moscow were replete with murals and chandeliers. It was like going to a museum every time we'd go down and ride a train. One pleasant surprise for me: Russian men are HOT! weeeeee



in the port terminal in Helsinki, Finland

We ended up taking the overnight train to Finland. I'm telling you, nothing more stressful than trying to load forty-plus huge luggages in a train in under a minute or so. I remember though sharing the cabin with my three other voice-section mates, where we did housecleaning among ourselves.

Helsinki was wet and dreary the whole time we were there. It wasn't much fun going around in the dripping rain, hence the lack of decent pics. Of all the oddest things I could've done, I caught the Da Vinci Code in a movie house to kill time. Yes, complete with Finnish subtitles hehehe

16 comments:

  1. To loosely quote Nimmy, toooorraayyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I became interested on Russian men...
    New blog layout! Everyone's having something new for this new year, new blog, new layout... etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. XP: i was surprised myself when i saw the ruskies hihihi

    naku, june last year pa tong blog layout na to. meethinks i'll change it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ilang lalaki naman ang nakatalamitam worldwide?

    choz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... you were a singer? naging part ka ba ng UP singing ambassadors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I'm fond of traveling and this entry made me want to check out S.Korea, Russia and Finland. :)

    By the way, are you in a way a member of a vocal group? You mentioned voice-section mates kasi. Just asking. :)

    Happy New Year Eternal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madame Chuni: ay i know not of such.

    kasi i'm dalisay, busilak, ad mayumi.

    hihihihi

    Anon: not upsa :P

    M.I.: traveling around is always good because you get to be be exposed to various people and cultures that are different from your own.

    yes, i was.

    a belated happy birthday, and a happy new year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sa russia ako pinaka na engganyo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok masulat nga yan. HOT RUSSIAN MEN. ok, nasa travel itinerary ko na yan. sana may mga dormitories. kaso baka magahasa ako...

    ReplyDelete
  10. JP: ay korek! lolz

    Sean: go go go. try mo yung subway. bonggang bonnga na nga (parang palatial ballroom decorations lang naman), e perfect place for sightseeing hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  11. waaaaaaaah
    i wanna go to europe

    ReplyDelete