Monday, October 12, 2009

Some Tenents that Eternal Wanderer Lives By 1

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence."

In a world that is full of noise and distraction, it is always good to have some downtime for myself. Silence is telling me something, and I have to listen to it.

"As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons."

Keeping good relations with as much people as possible is always a wise thing to do.

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly;"

I have my own story to tell, and I tell my story without forcing it upon others.

"and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story."

There is always something to learn from others by listening. The moment I stop listening to them is the moment I cease to grow as a person.

"Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit."

If it is not my story to tell, then I do not share it. Rumor mongering and gossiping are the best ways not to earn other people's trust.

"If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself."

I measure myself not against what others possess or have achieved, but with my own personal goals and accomplishments in life. It is my own life to live, after all.

"Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."

What I have done in my field is something I wouldn't have traded for anything in the world. It was a good run, and now it's time to move on to other endeavors.

"Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time."

I define my work. It does not define me. I can be content with whatever I am in because I know I am the master of my own ship.

"Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery."

Trust has to be earned. Always.

"But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism."

I believe in the inherent goodness in people unless proven otherwise.

5 comments:

  1. Horaay! for Desiderata. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. spoken like a true wise man. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max: i've always lovd it ever since i came across it in 1st year h.s. :)

    Engel: i'm neither wise nor old, but i just try to live life :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. desiderata... my speech and oral class piece in college.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. catch: hey, that was mine, too. in 1st year h.s. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete